*InTulsa is partnering with Capital Homes to find candidates for this exciting role in Tulsa*
**Location: Tulsa, OK. This is an hybrid position for those already in Tulsa, OK or willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK**
Capital Homes is a leader in new home construction serving the Tulsa metro area. We take pride in upholding our original mission: to provide affordable homes of superior quality for our neighbors, and to do it the right way. Capital Homes is currently searching for a Controller to join our growing team.
We recognize that our greatest assets are our people. Capital Homes aims to hire a highly motivated team player that is dedicated to continued growth and improvement. Our values include integrity, kindness, helpfulness, responsiveness, and accountability. Our close-knit team is self-driven and works together to solve problems in a collaborative work environment. Capital Homes is a thriving small business (approximately 40 employees) and finding the right fit is critical to our shared success. We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates.
The Controller will play a critical role as the leader of our accounting team. This position will manage three team members and report directly to the CFO. The Controller will play an important role in providing strategic and financial planning and department leadership. The position requires strong managerial and interpersonal skills, and excellent analytical and communication skills. Preferred candidates will have direct experience in the construction industry or transferable skills and experiences from similar industries.
Ideal candidates are hands-on, detail-oriented, thorough, analytical, and possess good reasoning and communication skills. Successful team members are able to multi-task, compartmentalize, prioritize without explicit direction, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and review with management. Provide detailed and analytical explanations of variances in actual financial data compared to forecasted results.
- Provide monthly reporting on all land development in progress.
- Work with CFO and Director of Operations to provide house-level net profit analysis.
- Liaise with CFO and Director of Operations to ensure timely execution and analysis of land takedowns.
- Assist with ad hoc monthly/quarterly reporting and analysis.
Cash Flow Analysis and Lender Reporting
- Prepare cash management report for management review.
- Assist CFO in the preparation of reporting for lending institutions, including gathering and synthesizing key operational and financial metrics.
- Preparation and maintenance of internal debt schedules – including draw availability, outstanding amounts, and payoffs.
- Assist in the collection of information for forecasting and budgeting.
Project Accounting and Month-End Close
- Manage month-end close process accurately and timely in conjunction with company deadlines.
- Manage payables process and ensure accurate and timely payment to vendors.
- Prepare and book entries for the recognition of revenue and cost of sales.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of cash, debt, and various asset and liabilities accounts.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of WIP and inter-company accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assistance with interim and year-end audits.
- Work with CFO on implementation and recommendation of best practices throughout accounting team.
Skills and Qualifications
- CPA preferred or comparable experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Preferred experience (3+ years) in construction industry or transferable
- skills/experiences from similar industries.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required with an emphasis on pivot tables, formulas, and
- effective presentation of information.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently in both an office and remote work environment.
- Will be available, and accessible, Monday – Friday; 8:30 – 5:00 pm and other times as the position deems necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.