*InTulsa is partnering with Asemio to find candidates for this exciting role in Tulsa*
**Location: Tulsa, OK. This is a Remote or Hybrid position for those already in Tulsa, OK or willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK**
The colleague we are searching for will join a project’s development team as a senior software engineer. You will design solutions to complex or unusual problems; the work will range from high-level architectural design to low-level performance optimizations, and will require considerable ingenuity and judgment. Our engineering team is highly collaborative and closely aligned to our goal of enabling communities to more easily improve health and economic well-being. At Asemio, you will be in a position to work on virtually all aspects of projects and have a strong voice in product and technology strategy.
About the work
You’ll be working on a software system for a non-profit organization. The system needs to handle information at scale, safely. We deal with real transactions that impact people’s lives.
The application's presentation layer is developed in ReactJS, the business layer in C#/.NET Core, and the data layer is PostgreSQL.
Skills and experience
Education and professional experience:
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical software development experience.
- At least five years of professional software development experience.
You know the C# language inside and out, both the pretty and the ugly. You can tell when a piece of code is inefficient and you know how to optimize it. You’re constantly thinking about the fragile balance between readability, maintainability, and efficiency while writing code.
You will be asked to break down technical concepts in a conversational manner so that anyone can understand. You should be able to explain the impact of technical decisions on business workflows and users. You see software as merely one of many tools to help our partners.
Programming experience and technical communications requirements:
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent ability to explain complex concepts to others.
- A strong intuition when it comes to code organization.
- Mastery of C#.
- Proficiency with SQL, relational databases, and data modeling.
- A solid understanding of .NET and .NET Core.
- Experience with Entity Framework.
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Docker, containerized applications, and other DevOps technologies is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery pipelines (e.g., CircleCI) is a plus.
- Experience with collaborative, iterative, and human-centered processes (e.g., agile, extreme programming, human-centered design, continuous quality improvement) is a plus.
- Participation in the larger tech community, such as contributing to open source projects, or involvement in industry events is a plus.
- Ability to actively engage with less experienced developers to both learn from and impart skills and wisdom to is a plus.
- Community volunteer experience is a plus.
Help us solve real-world problems in the communities we care about.
We are Asemio and our team of data scientists, software engineers, architects, and management consultants are working together to achieve a nationwide data ecosystem for social good.
We’re looking for bright, tenacious problem-solvers to join us as we help communities achieve transformation goals by enabling better data-informed decision-making across education, health, criminal justice, and social services systems.
Our team members are introspective, resilient, empathic, and balanced decision makers. We practice radical candor and look for opportunities to build, inspire, and grow together.
Asemio engineers are:
- Crafters: We are passionate about our craft and intentional about quality.
- Mission-focused: We care deeply about the value of the community work we do and strive to be good stewards of community investments.
- A community of practice: As a community of crafters, we value continual growth. We are students, teachers, readers, and inventors. We believe that we are made stronger and more effective by cultivating a wide variety of skills and backgrounds, both as individuals and as a team.
Asemio is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to offering an inclusive and respectful workplace and believe that a diverse team is critical for us to do our best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.