*InTulsa is partnering with Third Sector to find candidates for this exciting role in Tulsa*
**Location: Tulsa, OK. This is a Remote position for those already in Tulsa, OK or willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK**
WHO WE ARE
Third Sector is a national nonprofit technical assistance organization that advises our government agencies on the best ways to reshape their policies, systems, and services toward better outcomes for all people no matter their race, background, and circumstances. Founded in 2011, Third Sector is a 501(c)3 organization that has worked with more than 50 communities to deploy more than $1.2 billion of government resources towards outcomes. Third Sector's consulting engagements help government agencies to:
- better use data to understand the impact of their programs,
- improve the way they contract for services,
- allocate resources to support underserved populations, and
- collaborate with community stakeholders and partner agencies to improve services.
Third Sector strives to co-create projects with our partners, understand root causes of inequity, implement data-driven and community-driven solutions, and to set up sustainable systems for continuous improvement to ensure that governments can do this work with their partners after their engagement with Third Sector ends.
Our team of 50 employees is united by our mission and our commitment to becoming an anti-racist organization. We have been working to acknowledge, understand, and dismantle the white dominant structures we uphold internally and with our partners. We are identifying and implementing strategies to change our organizational culture and external relationships, including creating space for both multi-racial and affinity-based conversations about our journey and the work ahead.
The Behavioral Health Practice Area is seeking a Director to co-lead the practice and support its future growth. The Director will bring behavioral health experience and knowledge to provide guidance on project execution and strategy. The Director will also bring deep skills and experience in business development in order to oversee the revenue pipeline, proactively foster new partnerships, and mentor team members in behavioral health business development.
We are looking for highly driven, entrepreneurial, and equity-focused professionals who are deeply passionate about working with government and communities to create a more just and inclusive society. You will lead client engagements focused on using public funding and data as levers to enable government agencies, service providers, and partner organizations to improve the lives of the people they serve. As a part of a project team, you will drive innovative problem solving for clients, manage complex client and stakeholder interactions, and ensure excellence of client deliverables. You will pursue business development opportunities and write proposals that advance Third Sector’s mission of transforming public systems to improve outcomes. You will also support the implementation of internal initiatives that support Third Sector’s people and our 5-year strategy.
Please visit our website for additional examples of our outcomes-oriented work with communities.
10+ years of professional experience in a role that includes many of the following:
- A proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams, leading multiple projects with diverse stakeholders, and authoring and managing collaborative production of high-quality deliverables
- Developing new partnerships in a business development context including identifying and cultivating new opportunities, securing funding, and managing strategic relationships
- Success in mentoring and coaching team members and fueling their professional growth
- Superior active listening, complex stakeholder engagement, and communications skills
- Content knowledge in the behavioral health field
- Experience working within or with state, local, or federal government agencies in the United States, their contracted service providers, and/or their other key partners or stakeholders
- Experience (professional or lived) with the delivery of social services
- Supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion and/or racial equity efforts
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Our skills and competencies reflect the nature of our work which is analytical and collaborative. A successful Director is an entrepreneurial leader who co-designs and implements solutions for a wide variety of project and organizational challenges, upholds Third Sector’s values of racial equity, respect, reflection, relationships, and results, and pursues new business development opportunities that support Third Sector’s mission. They also possess the following skills and competencies:
Project and People Management:
- Leads multiple engagements simultaneously while managing teams’ and individual workflow/designated tasks
- Manages and coaches Manager and Associate team members to successful engagement delivery
- Excels in relationship management with both clients and internal teams
- Mitigates project risks by holding challenging conversations with stakeholders
- Enjoys building and maintaining enduring relationships that advance Third Sector's mission and the field
Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis:
- Designs and manages research and data gathering efforts, structures quantitative and qualitative analyses, and draws actionable recommendations
- Distills highly complex ideas and data into concise and persuasive analyses in multiple formats—spreadsheets, written briefs and reports, visual PowerPoint presentations, and verbal communications
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
Written, Verbal, and Visual Communication Skills:
- Facilitates complex multi-stakeholder, collaborative, and inclusive decision-making processes
- Comfort conversing with, presenting to, and leading teams of diverse stakeholders including high-level government officials
- Designs value propositions for different audiences and adapts messaging appropriately
- Excels at influencing others through verbal and written storytelling
- Sets and models standards for effective written and verbal communications
- Defines and articulates messaging around strategy and vision for the practice area
- Brings strong business development skills, including experience developing and implementing new strategic directions
- Brings previous relationships and ability to actively source new business development, funding, or partnership opportunities
- Ability to oversee the revenue/partnerships pipeline for the behavioral health practice area
- Coaches and mentors other team members to identify and pursue business development opportunities
- Specific expertise/experience in behavioral health
- Experience working within or with government agencies and/or their partners or experience (professional or lived) with the delivery of social services
- Contributes to enhancing knowledge within the organization and across the field
Note: About midway through the interview process, all candidates will be connected to a Third Sector team member and will be given the opportunity to ask them questions about their Third Sector experience, their work on client projects, and their experience with Third Sector’s equity journey, etc. This conversation will not be used to evaluate candidates in any way. This conversation is meant to serve as an open and honest opportunity for candidates to learn more about our culture and work environment before progressing to the final stages of the interview process.
TIMING. We are committed to transparency throughout this process. We understand that interviewing can be stressful and aim to minimize that stress and uncertainty. To give you a sense of timing, the interview process typically takes five to seven weeks.
SALARY AND BENEFITS.
This is a full-time position. The FLSA status for this position is exempt. A team member with 5-10 years of prior relevant experience will earn a salary of $122,500 in this position ($132,000 if located in San Francisco or Los Angeles). A team member with more than 10 years of prior relevant experience will earn a salary of $128,500 ($138,500 if located in San Francisco or Los Angeles). In the interest of preserving pay equity across our team, Third Sector does not negotiate starting salary. Third Sector will confirm salary expectations with individual applicants before proceeding with interviews. Third Sector also provides competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits, life and disability insurance, a 401K plan with a 4% match, technology stipend and technology support services and more.
Permanent work authorization in the United States is required to apply for this position. We welcome applicants from anywhere in the contiguous United States. This position is remote with occasional travel expected.
At Third Sector, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that diversity leads to better solutions for the difficult social challenges we tackle, for the clients we serve, and for the communities we impact. We are committed to providing equal opportunities and approach recruitment in an impartial manner, without regard to an individual's race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, income status or any other characteristic protected by law.