*** This is hybrid position spending at least 60% of time in Tulsa with travel to cities outside of Tulsa 10% of the time.***
Job Title : Director of Sales and Business Development
As an emerging technology ecosystem in the heartland, Tulsa is experiencing a surge of interest from talent and companies intrigued by our unique value proposition. InTulsa Initiative, LLC (ITI) is a talent and business matchmaker driven by a single, powerful civic mission building a thriving tech hub in the heart of our city’s growing, vibrant, inclusive community. We focus on supporting a diverse, booming economic landscape for Tulsa by forging strategy connections for talented people and innovative companies in future focused industries such as cybersecurity, virtual health, fin-tech, ed-tech, energy tech, and advanced aerial mobility.
For companies, we accelerate the growth of scalable businesses by making it simple for companies to settle in Tulsa and connect them with the best talent. In this role, you will help us sell Tulsa. You will build relationships with companies to attract them to Tulsa by offering our key services: talent, strategic partnerships, and local presence incentives and support. You will lead our corporate attraction team, driving execution of our sales strategy, making data driven decisions to achieve KPIs, fill our sales funnel, and attract great companies who offer new tech-driven jobs in Tulsa.
Who You Are:
You are a data-driven, outcomes based leader, ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are a hands-on business development leader, willing to jump in, test, execute, and pivot, as needed to achieve the highest level of success. You are excited to partner with high-growth startups and organizations across growing sectors, as well as navigate complex established technology companies to identify the right partner to share Tulsa’s story and our offerings to develop relationships that will lead to engagement and outcomes. This role is much more than traditional sales, as you will have an opportunity to drive economic development in Tulsa by finding the right companies to grow in Tulsa through our talent offerings, partnerships, incentives, and concierge services.
Bringing people together is your superpower and as our business development leader, you will help manage a healthy sales funnel with a diverse portfolio mix of companies and opportunities by selling Tulsa as the emerging tech hub that is intentionally focused on diverse talent, inclusive workforce, the future of remote work, in an environment that offers everyone an opportunity to make an impact.
What you’ll do: (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Serve as a catalyst for our corporate attraction team from prospecting to drafting pitches and powerful proposals to entice companies to grow in Tulsa
- Organizing and leading the business development team ensuring each team member is actively contributing and meeting individual and team KPIs
- Execute on agreed upon business development go-to-market strategy, iterating and ideating on additional strategies not yet utilized
- Ensuring all lead generation activations (Ambassadors, Sales Leads, BDR, etc) have resources and clarity needed to acquire leads that have greatest opportunity for success (volume placements)
- Develop and recommend appropriate KPIs to measure success of team
- Responsible for driving diverse portfolio mix (small, medium and large opportunities from diverse industries – established tech, VC Funds, virtual health, cyber, data analytics, advanced aerial mobility, energy tech, etc)
- Identify top targets in each vertical and strategize on approach to achieve activation
- Implement sales techniques including inbound and outbound channels, social media, B2B marketing, etc,
- Responsible for monitoring and measuring success, tracking KPIs/sales metrics, iterating, as needed based on industry trends, outcomes, and KPIs
- Owning deal evaluation to assess which companies/opportunities that will achieve the highest impact/success early in the sales funnel to mitigate wasting limited resources on the wrong opportunities
- Develop a proactive approach to pursue target companies based on business development vetting criteria. Own and drive the iterative approach to hone the vetting criteria that informs target company lists and prioritization
- Develop, prepare and deliver pitches and presentations to potential clients
- Establish a strong footprint by contributing a steady stream of vetted, quality leads for further research and discovery leading to high volume talent placements in Tulsa
- Ownership of our CRM (Bullhorn) configuration and usage for detailed tracking and reporting of outcomes on the corporate attraction portfolio, activities, prospecting, and client communications
- Deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly reports as required to clearly outline the sales funnel, target companies, status, next steps, probability of close, etc.
- Represent “The best of Tulsa” with a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Regular travel to Tulsa required (COVID permitting)
What makes you shine: (Minimum Requirements to Succeed)
- You are a business development professional with 5-7 years of experience business development, sales or economic development leading corporate attraction
- You have proven track record in prospecting, generating new leads, business attraction, and delivering wins (quality jobs) to a state, region, or city
- You have the ability to network and navigate your way to decision makers – CEOs, founders, investors, Head of People/HR
- You love leading a sales team through positive and motivational strategies and tactics
- You have built a sales or business development function including strategy, processes, and hiring the team
- You love the hunt, finding the right partners at the right time and trusting your team
- You have an uncanny ability to collaborate and build consensus, working effectively with internal and external teams
- You are organized with your work product, time, and completion of responsibilities
- You are a great communicator with impeccable interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- You have an uncanny ability to multitask, changing gears and priorities on the fly
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Minimum academic qualifications: Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, or other applicable field, MBA preferred
Grow with inTulsa. Our Promise to You:
- Unprecedented access to the startup, venture capital and growth-stage world of Tulsa, the next great American startup hub
- You will learn from and be mentored by a diverse group of successful talent leaders, entrepreneurs and investors with different skills and experience to share
- You will be exposed to venture, economic development and philanthropic work alongside one of the largest philanthropic organizations in the world
- You will make a real difference by helping diverse talent achieve upward mobility, linking talent with companies they may not otherwise be able to access without you
- And, of course, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits
- This role is based in Tulsa, OK.
- Reporting to : Managing Director