***Location: This is a hybrid position for those already in Tulsa, OK or willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK.***
About the job
We are looking for an experienced analyst with expertise in Microsoft Power BI to join our growing team in Tulsa, OK. In this job, you will get to assist various clients in focus areas such as:
- Criminal Justice Reform in Oklahoma
- Education in Oklahoma
- Nonprofits that serve Tulsa, OK, and Oklahoma City, OK
- Municipalities (cities and counties) across the United States
- Various startups in Upside Down Labs (like ThirdLine)
Since we do client work, you should expect to take on some tasks that do not fit within this exact job description, but in general you will be responsible for:
- Designing Power BI reports from start to finish including Power Query, DAX, dashboards, PowerBI.com, etc.
- Collaborating with clients to understand and prioritize their data reporting needs and developing user stories
- Exploring clients’ data environment and assessing gaps to meet requirements
- Building and designing dashboards for clients
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards
- Providing technical expertise on data storage, data mining, and data cleansing
Who we’re looking for
We do client work, so we are looking for team members who can listen well and quickly adapt to ever-evolving requirements. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable with autonomy and collaboration. The most valuable skill you can bring to our team is an ability and eagerness to learn. In addition to your technical expertise, we are looking for someone who cares about Tulsa and wants to help purpose-driven clients use their data to create impact in the community.
Technical Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Power BI
- A solid understanding of DAX
- A demonstrated ability to create data models
- An eye for design to create visual reports with intuitive UX/UI
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Power Query
- SQL or Python skills a plus
Personal Skills & Experience
- Experience interacting with clients/stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- An ability to adapt to new situations and challenges
- Excellent listening and communication skills
Why work here
Our employees enjoy unlimited PTO, flexible work hours, and a remote-friendly work environment. Employees have access to 401(k) retirement, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance benefits, plus a stipend for covering healthcare costs.
We operate as a Holacracy, which is an organizational structure that emphasizes distributed authority instead of a command hierarchy. You will fill roles with defined accountabilities and engage with your team members to improve our company’s systems, processes, and policies. An autonomous yet collaborative person with creative problem-solving skills will thrive at our company
About our company
We provide data and analytics solutions to purpose-driven organizations. Our services are customized to each client and function to help our communities thrive. As a Certified B Corporation, we take great pride in our efforts to positively impact not only our team but the greater community around us.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.