***Location: This is a remote position for those already in Tulsa, OK or willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK.***
About The Position
Our company is looking to hire Lead Technical Engineers to partner with our prospects and customers to ensure they experience the full potential of the platform. This is an end-to-end role where you will help close new business and find opportunities to teach our customers about data analysis best practices. The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert in reading and writing SQL and is empathic to the customer’s needs through written and verbal communication. If this describes you then please apply.
We look forward to meeting you and having you join our exceptional team!
A Lead Technical Engineer is a hybrid role and focuses on three key areas of the customer journey:
Solutions Architecture (40% of your time)
- Work alongside the Customer Success Manager to provide data warehousing best practices, solve technical issues, and optimize data pipeline.
Support Engineering (40% of your time)
- Provide creative solutions and industry-leading support to customers.
- Build self-serve resources. Communicate issues to relevant teams.
- Create in-depth bug reports in JIRA.
Sales Engineering (20% of your time)
- Work alongside the Account Executive to demonstrate the value of our company throughout the sales cycle, answer technical questions, and create POCs for prospects.
- Be the technical expert about our company – know the in and outs of our platform, how our system works, and the underlying technologies we are built on (Redshift and Google BigQuery).
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position our company in relation to them.
- Be the go to contact for technical problems for our users.
- Help onboard prospects and new customers to the our platform, providing best practices and answering technical questions along the way.
- Conduct data reviews and support calls with prospects and customers to share solutions and increase usability, performance, and value.
- Create content that answers common questions asked by our users.
- Be the voice of our users – advocate for features that would help to improve the customer’s experience.
- Always be learning and looking to expand your technical knowledge.
- Previous experience as a Solutions Architect, Support Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Sales Engineer, or similar roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another relevant field. Relevant work experience may fulfill this requirement.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, provide creative solutions, and communicate them to non-technical users in both verbal and written form.
- Deep knowledge of SQL (e.g. window functions, CTEs, materialized views, query optimization, etc).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python.
Previous experience working with:
- REST APIs
- Terminal/Command Line
- relational database technologies
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience working with:
- Redshift or Google BigQuery
- NoSQL database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- AWS (e.g. S3, CloudWatch, etc)
- GCP (e.g. Cloud Storage, Cloud Logging, etc)
About: We’re a group of data geeks—a title we wear with pride—that know how frustrating it is when your data is locked away in some departmental silo, when you don’t have time to build data pipelines, when you can’t wait until next sprint, next month, or next quarter to get your hands on mission-critical data. We built our company to relieve that frustration and to make it possible for every company of any size to do advanced analysis without the overhead that comes with traditional data infrastructure.